Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 2 thoughts

This morning I had my niblets with cumin and cayenne and cooked them a bit longer. This was a big improvement over yesterday's plain niblets.


I was not enthusiastic about today's lunch of two ears of corn and some popcorn. Adding Texas Pete to the corn was a big improvement. I also bought some superfine popcorn salt that is pretty good. I was going to get the flavored stuff but most of it had a lot of sugar.


So far the corn diet has not had an effect on my digestive tract. I do feel my breath is a little strange but that may be the beginning of ketosis or something else related to my restricted calorie intake. I do feel a bit lightheaded today but they may be from working in the farmyard all morning.


I think I'm going to try some polenta with a lot of garlic tonight.


I also think I'm going to buy some corn holders...

6 comments:

Erin Brown said...

those are fabulous corn holders.

We should make some cornbread. How do we feel about adding a little sugar to cornmeal and water?

Anonymous said...

Have you tried unsalted popcorn as breakfast cereal yet? It's good!

Anonymous said...

This is so freakin' awesome.

Keep it up guys :D

Larry said...

Erin,

I'm worried that you are losing your resolve to follow dietofcorn!

I guess we can have sugar in beverages so sugar in the cornbread would be OK. But I worry we are on a slippery slope.
Soon we'll just be Unitarians that believe in anything!

Marilyn said...

Don't do it Don't do it! No cornbread!

Erin Brown said...

Comrade,
You are absolutely right. I will tighten up my resolve!