Monday, July 14, 2008

Erin's Log Day 4: Corn is so Yum!

We are well into Day 4 of the Diet of Corn, and almost to our goal of Thursday. We have decided to ceremoniously end our Diet of Corn by going out with our co-workers to our weekly Thursday lunch outing and making them pay for our non-corn lunch . It will be an extravaganza of food variety. Though, currently the restaurant on our pre-made list of restaurants (this is due to our inability to all agree where we are going in a timely manner) is a place where the only thing I can eat on their menu, would probably be corn (this is due to my veganism). So, that might need to be amended slightly.

Since we are over half-way through our week of corn, I will share with you some of my thoughts and observations at this point in our journey.

Observation #1: I do not feel any weaker/less lively/lethargic in any way. This could be due to the fact that I have been drinking plenty of juice and water and making sure to eat corn whenever I am hungry.

Observation #2: Right now the only corn products I can bring myself to eat are frozen corn with spices, and popcorn. That's it. Canned corn, that freeze dried stuff, and corn on the cob make me want to vomit even thinking about them. For realz. It's strange. So I've been alternating between frozen corn and popcorn to much success.

Observation #3: A tip to benefit those who desire to follow in our footsteps: only eat when you are really hungry. For me this has helped corn not get really tiring. I wait until corn actually sounds really appetizing, and then I eat.

Thought #1: I can't wait until Thursday!! I am going to make myself a huge batch of cookies, eat some guacamole, and some uber delicious movie theater popcorn (which surprisingly and disturbingly is vegan) at the midnight showing of the new Batman movie, which will taste so good compared to cardboard popcorn. This, honestly, is what is keeping me going: knowing HOW AWESOME food will taste on Thursday.

Thought #2: It is sooooooo surreal/gross/just plain weird to have your co-workers comment on your poop. Just so you know.

Observation #4: My real success in this endeavor has been my corn brother Larry. He has been strong when I have been tempted to be weak. I only continued on with the struggle by thinking of him saying, "Nay" to homemade guacamole and gingerbread at his barbecue and his meager lunch of corn on the cob for successive work days. I could not bear to let that all be in vain. I will not let you down, Brother! *sniffle*

That's all I have for right now. I have to run to the store today to grab some more frozen corn, as the two honkin' bags I got that were buy-one-get-one-free have been rapidly consumed. Who knew that you go through corn so fast when that's all you eat?!?!1?! It comforts me ever still to know that when I'm pouring the last of my bag of frozen corn into a bowl at breakfast, lunch, 2pm, 4pm, dinner, and 10pm, that more corn is only a 5 minute drive away.

Sweet corn dreams.


1 comment:

JoshC said...

Congratulations on "Cornsign"!
I mean, why else would you eat only corn???